Care About Earth Program
Through Care About Earth®, Groupe GM aims to reduce its footprint on the environment and contribute to sustainability to protect the planet for future generations.
With every product we develop we aim to minimise our packaging and maximise our use of recycled and recyclable materials.
- Recycled paper and cardboard packaging
- Recyclable paper and stone-paper packaging
We are progressively removing poly bags (PO) from our accessory lines.
Our cardboard boxes, brochures and leaflets are printed using water-based acrylic varnishes and plant-based ink. We use:
- Stone paper
- FSC recycled paper and cardboard
- PEFC paper from sustainably-managed forests
Responsible Packaging of Cosmetics
OUR BIO-SOURCED PACKAGING
In order to minimise the use of plastics made from fossil fuels we can now offer 100% plant-based tubes, bottles and dispensers derived mainly from sugar cane.
The sugar cane extraction process involves five successive cycles. The first two produce high quality syrup designed for the sugar industry. The next three cycles produce bioethanol (used as biofuel) and bio-ethylene. Our 100% bio-sourced packaging is made from bio-ethylene and since this is derived from sugar cane residues it does not harm the ecosystem of the producing area.
We control the origin of our raw material, we only use sugar cane sourced from sustainably managed fields.
We reduce our carbon impact, sugar cane naturally captures CO2 from the atmosphere thereby contributing to air quality.
We make bio-resin pumps from natural raw material such as corn, sugar cane and potato.
We are increasing our use of recycled material in our packaging.
PCR (post-consumer recycled) material is derived from consumer products that have been used and discarded.
The bottles, caps and labels of the Scandinavian White line are made from recycled materials:
- The bottles are made from recycled PET and the caps from recycled PP
- The soap box is made from 90% recycled cardboard and the label 100% recycled paper
PIR (post-industry recycled) plastic is derived from the recovery of manufacturing waste or recalled consumer products.
The aim is to produce more than 90% of bottle caps from recycled plastic within two years.
Dispensers are another way of reducing the use of plastic.
Some of our brands are certified ECOLABEL or COSMOS-ECOCERT.
- Exclusive airless technology which avoids the use of preservatives in the cosmetic formulation
- NORDIC SWAN certified
- Can be ECOLABEL certified
- Cotton buds are now made from cardboard instead of plastic
- Other items such as toothbrushes are made from materials derived from straw and corn starch
- CBP (Corn-Based Product) contains a minimum of 50% biodegradable corn starch
- BIOCOMP® tray is 100% plant-based. This material is 100% recyclable and certified 100% biodegradable and compostable
- PWC tray made from Plastic and Wood Composite reduces the use of plastic by up to 50%
OUR SOAPS ARE
- 99% plant-based
- Free from EDTA and BHT by end 2019
- Formulated with palm oil from RSPO Segregated and MB palm plantations
OUR NATURAL FORMULAS
- Contain up to 99% ingredients of natural origin
- Do not contain formaldehyde, phthalates, ionizing radiation or parabens
- Are all tested under dermatological control and not tested on animals
Our organic products are certified by ECOCERT and accredited by COSMEBIO.
We offer a selection of ECOLABEL certified products
We also offer a wide choice of formula
- Natural perfumes
- Herbal extracts
- Essential oils
- Vegetable oils
- Ingredients of animal origin (vegan)
- Sulphates and mineral oils
- SLS and SLES
Care About Earth Formulation
Our most natural line possible free from controversial ingredients such as paraben, MIT, phenoxyethanol, mineral oil, silicon, PEG, PPG, EDTA, BHT.
Shampoo, shower gel and conditioner
- Free from plastic
- Significantly reduced water consumption during production
Longer lasting compared to liquid product
- Solid shampoo 20g = around 10 uses
- Liquid shampoo 20ml = around 3 uses
Available in 2020
We consider quality to be a cornerstone of our business.
Our production partners located in Europe and Asia are ISO 22716, 14001 and 9001 certified and respect Good Manufacturing Practices. Premium production quality is guaranteed throughout the production process.
Some of our production partners are also accredited by ECOCERT and by EU ECOLABEL. They endeavour to minimise their impact on the environment by streamlining their supply chains, reducing water and energy use, recycling waste, restricting the use of packaging and using clean technologies as part of the Care About Earth program.
We expect our production partners to share our commitment to responsible production.