We work hard to minimise the impact of our business activities on the environment by examining everything we do, from a choice of ingredients, use of packaging, manufacturing processes, transportation and energy usage.
Putting our policy into practice
Rather than merely meeting minimum legal requirements, we are active in putting our environmental policy into practice. We help our clients discharge their environmental obligations to their guests in various ways, including:
- Ecolabel products - We offer products certified Ecolabel as being kinder to the environment throughout their lifecycle and which carry the EU Ecolabel flower logo. For example our innovative Ecosource airless dispenser system and our Scandinavian White range of toiletries.
- Natural and organic formulations - Our toiletry ranges include natural and organic formulations certified by Ecocert (certification body for sustainable development of environmentally friendly agriculture). Our natural formulations include Damana Neroli. Our organic formations include Damana Organic.
- Reducing reliance on preservatives and eliminating them altogether where possible from our standard toiletry formulations which are now all paraben-free.
- Ecosource Airless Dispenser system - uses airless refill bags and is environmentally friendly. This is the first cosmetic dispenser to guarantee cosmetic formulations that are free from preservatives. It is European and Nordic Ecolabel certified.
- Environmentally friendly packaging - expanding our range of biodegradable bottles, bottle caps and presentation trays.
- Energy saving - We continue to source environmentally friendly products for example:
- E-cloth – These are micro fibre, antibacterial cloths which clean without using chemicals, reducing both cost and harm to the environment
- Indel B K-Smart – A range of electrically efficient A+++ rated compressor minibars using 87% less energy than comparable absorption models.
Compliance with environmental regulations
Our environmental policy is aimed at reducing our impact on the environment through better use of raw materials, packaging and energy. Our products comply in every respect with all relevant environmental regulations.
- The active ingredients in our cosmetic products are at least 90% biodegradable.
- Our soaps do not include whitening agents
- All our bottles, caps and dispensers are made of recyclable plastics and are marked with a plastic type number for recycling purposes.
- Using PET, PETG, PEHD and PP for plastic components (rather than PVC) which are more readily recycled.
- Cardboard packaging is made where possible from recycled material and is itself recyclable. Packaging is less than 20% of the total weight of the finished product.
We comply with The Producer Responsibility Obligations (Packaging Waste) Regulations 1997 and are a member of a registered compliance scheme.
To ensure compliance with the Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Directive (WEEE) Aslotel are members of a compliance scheme registered with SEPA. The company ensures that products for which it is responsible are properly recycled in accordance with the UK regulations.